Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

when ya timezone is different

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blissy

Blissy

Fan Points : 288

when ya timezone is different - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Dragonfluff wrote:
@Disney ; I don't mind the cold, I usually miss it in the summer, but hate it when it's too cold. But I prefer snuggling under a thick blanket then sweating with a sheet.
I've only ever seen snow once, when I was really really young so I don't really remember it. Most people I know have never seen snow. I also only daw hail for the first time a year ago. I was pretty cool.

@Blissy ; Whaddya mean? Like, cause we're an island, where would we run if a nation-wide natural disaster hit; or where do we usually go when disaster hits? Sorry Oh, silly!

Where do you go if a disaster hits? Though, I rarely hear about disasters in Australia (except for major storms)
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Disney wrote:
I dislike being warm. I hate the feeling of sweatiness too. xD So yeah, heat and I don't mix. And it does surprise people to learn it can get pretty hot here, since it also gets pretty cold. Like, we hit a record last winter with the coldest day being -48. It was so cold that we had an extreme frost bite warning in effect and it was recommended that you not be outside for more than 10-15 minutes. Also weren't supposed to let children and pets out. I remember I had to take a bus to campus, so I got stuck waiting a little, and my eyelashes froze and it was difficult to blink. Bus was super heated when I finally got on and I essentially had to melt. xD

O___________O I-I-I can never imagine being that cold. Do you have decent spring/fall as well?

All we get are tornado warnings and the usual months of rain xD
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Fan Points : 597

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 2:18 pm

We have winter here for an average of six months a year, so spring, summer and autumn are all crammed into the remaining months. xD We usually have a short spring (lasting a few weeks) and then hit a mild summer that steadily gets hotter until it peaks in August, then temperatures drop in September and we have autumn til October (usually, sometimes it snows in October).

Tornadoes seem super scary. xD
Back to top Go down
http://dexsterpiece.tumblr.com
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Like, there's still snow on the ground outside here, but it's pleasant enough that people have their windows open.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Fan Points : 514

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Disney wrote:
I dislike being warm. I hate the feeling of sweatiness too. xD So yeah, heat and I don't mix. And it does surprise people to learn it can get pretty hot here, since it also gets pretty cold. Like, we hit a record last winter with the coldest day being -48. It was so cold that we had an extreme frost bite warning in effect and it was recommended that you not be outside for more than 10-15 minutes. Also weren't supposed to let children and pets out. I remember I had to take a bus to campus, so I got stuck waiting a little, and my eyelashes froze and it was difficult to blink. Bus was super heated when I finally got on and I essentially had to melt. xD
That sounds awful! But at the same time, I'd love to actually be able to wear winter gear. Thick jackets and woolly leggings; mittens and beanie. It's never cold enough for that.
But your eyelashes freezing! Wow! That must've hurt!
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Blissy wrote:
Dragonfluff wrote:
@Disney ; I don't mind the cold, I usually miss it in the summer, but hate it when it's too cold. But I prefer snuggling under a thick blanket then sweating with a sheet.
I've only ever seen snow once, when I was really really young so I don't really remember it. Most people I know have never seen snow. I also only daw hail for the first time a year ago. I was pretty cool.

@Blissy ; Whaddya mean? Like, cause we're an island, where would we run if a nation-wide natural disaster hit; or where do we usually go when disaster hits? Sorry Oh, silly!

Where do you go if a disaster hits? Though, I rarely hear about disasters in Australia (except for major storms)
Really? We have storms and ect all the time. We usually do nothing. Stay inside if it's really bad.
Everyone is expected to have their own emergency kit and evacuation plans ect. Bigger towns have cyclone shelters, but the general idea is just to stay inside - buy bread and milk like there is no tomorrow, lolol.
Unless it's a cyclone, we'll usually go about storms like any other day. Earthquakes are sorta like "holy fudge! was that an earthquake!" then flocking to social media to see the earthquake memes. Bush fires and drought are super common, but everyone's usually really lax about it - same with flooding - they destroy huge areas every year, but we never fuss too big. Tornados are the same as earthquakes. Some parts of Queensland get Antartic Winds, but that's just treated as cold weather, no big deal.
That's all the disasters I can think of...
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Disney wrote:
We have winter here for an average of six months a year, so spring, summer and autumn are all crammed into the remaining months. xD We usually have a short spring (lasting a few weeks) and then hit a mild summer that steadily gets hotter until it peaks in August, then temperatures drop in September and we have autumn til October (usually, sometimes it snows in October).

Tornadoes seem super scary. xD
Oh man! That'd suck so much! I love spring!
But at the same time, I'm so bad with seasons. I'm pretty sure we don't have autumn, cause our leaves don't brown in Northern Queensland, but I really can't tell. I usually guess what season it is based on the month. Currently it is autumn! It's freaking cold at night, but so so hot during the day. It's weird. But in a week or two it'll just be fully cold Oh, silly!
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 pm

I doesn't hurt so much when you're used to it. I think I've got thick skin or something. I'm acclimatized. xD

We've just hit spring, technically, although the ground's still covered in snow. May melt with all the rain we've been having, but more often than not the rain turns into ice rain, so it just keeps adding layers or ice to everything. I don't really like spring because everything's wet and it's not pleasant to walk in. Especially so if it flash melts and we get flooded. Winter's definitely my favourite season. I just love cold weather and snow so much. xD I enjoy autumn too, mostly because our leaves do change colour and fall of trees, plus it starts freezing overnight so it's always nice and crisp. Having a wood fire in autumn is just wonderful. <3
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Ye, we just had a tornado hit us last week! My friend's house had trees completely blown over the streets.

@Disney -- Ohhh, very chilly there. But you're right, you're acclimated! At least snow is beautiful to look at <3

when ya timezone is different - Page 2 Tumblr_nyprdrIZco1uq80c7o1_400
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 am

Disney wrote:
I doesn't hurt so much when you're used to it. I think I've got thick skin or something. I'm acclimatized. xD

We've just hit spring, technically, although the ground's still covered in snow. May melt with all the rain we've been having, but more often than not the rain turns into ice rain, so it just keeps adding layers or ice to everything. I don't really like spring because everything's wet and it's not pleasant to walk in. Especially so if it flash melts and we get flooded. Winter's definitely my favourite season. I just love cold weather and snow so much. xD I enjoy autumn too, mostly because our leaves do change colour and fall of trees, plus it starts freezing overnight so it's always nice and crisp. Having a wood fire in autumn is just wonderful. <3
Cold weather sounds so snuggly~ I'd probably like it a lot more if it actually got cold enough to rug up.
Just chuck a cardigan on and you're right, here.
I'd love to snuggle up by a fire ;u;
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 am

@Blissy -- Yeah! And excellent use of Pokemon gif!

@Fluff -- Mmhmm. I love sweater weather. xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 10:00 am

I own this one sweater, and it's really thin, cause I wanted to be able to wear it
But 1. Idk what to wear it with
2. It was too hot in winter to need a *thin* sweater omg
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 1:12 pm

I own a massive collection of big hoodies (all zip ups, no pullovers, not my style). They're some of my favourite articles of clothing.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 1:20 am

Eh? That sounds so cool! Hey bby
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 am

Well they're definitely for when it's cool.

Eh? Eh?

Sorry. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when ya timezone is different   when ya timezone is different - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

when ya timezone is different
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kasaria's Fan Forum! :: Outta This World :: Off Topic Chat-
Jump to: