Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windows 10

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiffany

Tiffany

Fan Points : 19

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Don't know if it's too late to register, but for users with Windows 7 and 8.1 you are able to get a free upgrade to Windows 10. I just finished mine upgrade and I have to say, I like it so far. The icons on the task bar are a bit small but that makes it look more slick and, of course, you are able to resize them via control panel options.

Internet:
What I love most is the new "MS Edge" look for Internet Explorer. Instead of the familiar, noticeably, white border on a webpage you get a gray edge.
I also love the fact that you can draw notes or designs on any webpage and save/send them to whomever.

Other:
In addition to automatically detecting wrong spelling, when you right click to choose the correct one they also give you the ability to add that word to the dictionary (useful for Last Names with French origins like mines).

I had to update my graphics card software but that was automatically detected and updated.

How about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Fan Points : 382

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:41 am

Nope nope nope. I'm letting ya'll guinea pigs go first xD I'm sticking with 7. I'm not loving all the changes they've done and I'm not risking my only laptop device for testing something brand new. (Not to mention, I don't think a lot of my programs I use would work anymore if I upgraded. :/) Good luck with it though!
Back to top Go down
http://wondering-souls.deviantart.com/
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:04 am

I'm still on the fence about upgrading, I'm going to be scouring different blogs (especially comments!) and such to see specifically if I can keep some of my main programs, and if it'll slow my laptop down at all.

So far it looks like performance is increased, which my laptop might need! I've had to disable so many things (despite not having much on here) from running at startup, and occasionally have to do troubleshooting to see what got hung up. 

Still reading reviews... maybe I will be a guinea pig if it seems worth it! I know for sure that I am backing up all of my files before making the switch, just in case.

Tiffany, could I ask how old your laptop/computer is? ;o;
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
Tiffany

Tiffany

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:21 pm

I was scared to upgrade since I use a lot of art and music production program and other stuff for YouTube but I pretty much "yolo" it and hope for the best. The only issue I use to have is Skype but I fix that in seconds. I never like the Windows Skype version anyways. lol

I love that my computer is much quieter. Windows 10 is nowhere near as resource intensive as Windows 8.1 was. My PC fans don't ramp up to max like they used to from just basic tasks or using Chrome/Firefox.

My laptop is 4 years and my desktop is 2 years in a few days though.
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:21 pm

Oooo. I'm still strongly thinking about it!

I can't seem to find information about Microsoft office 2010 (word, PowerPoint, etc)
There seems to be a number of people having problems. It would need a reinstall to fix, and it's been about 4 years since I bought it and I have no idea where the CD is, or a windows 7 one if I needed to reinstall my current OS if this doesn't work oh shoot

Do you have the art program paint tool Sai? I see a lot of mixed (mostly negative) comments about that not working anymore and I dunno if I can take that risk!

Still doing my research on it I suppose xD
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

Fan Points : 357

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:04 am

I'm not going to upgrade anytime soon. I have a nickname around uni, it's 'technology poison'. I have the worst track record with any electronic devices, I can break them all in various stupid and unexplainable ways. =_=

Yesterday I plugged in my laptop and immediately smelled a burning. Turns out me laptop was short circuiting and burning the adaptor. Now I might have to replace it. It was 5 months old. Worst part is, I hadn't even touched it in days XD

I'm mooching off my friends' stuff now. Sigh.

Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Fan Points : 382

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:45 am

@Epi Damn, that epic sucks x/ Sorry to hear that. :c I tend to have a similar sort of magic touch as well, where computers end up with shittons of viruses despite me going to completely safe websites, using all sorts of blocking scripts, and anti-virus software x'''D
Back to top Go down
http://wondering-souls.deviantart.com/
Tiffany

Tiffany

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 12:32 pm

I don't have SAI but I can always download and see if it works.
I current Microsoft Office 2010 have been working fine. I didn't have to mess with anything that. If I did I would be screwed as I don't have the CD anymore lol.

My best friend has the same problem too @Epigraphs & @Kami She only got Window 10 on her laptop for now and not on her desktop to test her luck. I know she broke her phone 3 times last month and her laptop battery won't work anymore and she hasn't had it in months. Very bad luck with technology.
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

Fan Points : 357

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:18 am

Aw, shared misery stories make me feel a bit better. I just hope I hear from the repair shop soon, haha.

Anyway I've only just gotten used to Windows 8 so I won't be upgrading anytime soon regardless. And all our university computers are still in Windows 7 so there luckily there's not real rush.

Although the option to draw and save notes on any pages that Tiffany mentioned sounds very appealing. Smile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kasaria's Fan Forum! :: Outta This World :: Off Topic Chat-
Jump to: