Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?

Go down 
+3
Disney
chocoshrooms
Pepper-Head
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? Empty
PostSubject: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 11:30 am

I'm sure that many of us explorers are here because we have an interest in pet or sim sites. Well, here's the thread to show off those fluffies! (Or scalies?)

Be sure to make use of our image resizing if you have a particularly large image Smile! 

Code:
[img(300,300)]IMGURL[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Fan Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:05 pm

i am inactive on a lot of sites OTL ya'll. i've been working on being m ore active on flight rising tho.
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Fan Points : 597

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:22 pm

I play...so many different sites. It's because I love sites like these that I found out about Kasari.
But, uh, I play basically all of them? I mean...I have at least one account on basically every known petsite. xD

Neopets, Subeta, FR, Kaylune, KS, etc. Just...like...tons. xD
Back to top Go down
http://dexsterpiece.tumblr.com
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 pm

What about the really really really really really small ones? ;P I have a knack for finding them it seems, I used to do volunteer work for Blizzardpets, Evodragon, etc.
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Fan Points : 597

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Oh definitely. I've got accounts on basically every available pet site there is. xD
Back to top Go down
http://dexsterpiece.tumblr.com
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

Fan Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySat May 21, 2016 6:17 am

So, the Altador Cup on Neo is coming up. Is anyone returning to play? Smile!

It's always a busy month on the site, and that's nice. I'm quite looking forward to it, even though never ever made All-Star. Lost Desert ftw XD
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySat May 21, 2016 4:45 pm

The Altador Cup x'D
Yep, I'm probably going to poke around inbetween work just to get a few points for something nice. It gets pretty tedious quickly but it's still fun to start off with that fresh excitement! Slushie Slinger is my favorite.

I always considered joining Lost Desert! I used to play for Terror Mountain because I imagined one of my pets to be from there, and for a few years I stuck to Darigan. I tried out Moltara last year and I think I might rejoin it Smile!
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySun May 22, 2016 5:28 am

Yeah, I play the same way. I don't have the time or the patience to play for hours, but I love setting small goals for myself and chatting on the boards. I stick to YYB because I'm worse at the other games, haha.

Moltara seems like a fun team! I've always joined the LD, but otherwise I would probably go for Terror Mountain or Roo Island.
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Fan Points : 382

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:17 am

I've tried playing several different ones throughout the years, and none have captured me like Neo did. I think Subeta was close, but I eventually drifted from them too. (Didn't help that they banned my original account because I had multiple?? accounts?? Yeah, never got that account back, lost all my shit. Was kind of discouraging.)

Guilds was a huge, if not the main, motivator for me to play Neo. I spent the majority of my time working on pet pages, graphics, gathering points and items for prizes, etc. The good ol' days xD
Back to top Go down
http://wondering-souls.deviantart.com/
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:22 am

How many years have you played for LD? I'm curious to know what those bonuses are for sticking with a team for X amount of years x'D I got a pathetic looking wearable archway for being with MT for the second year. I can't remember what I got for Darigan, whoops.

I used to try to get into the team boards, but Darigan moved too quickly and was kind of a clique'. I don't know, just wasn't easy to fit in. Moltara was easier and friendlier, being a small team. Smile! Good luck to you this year Epi!

@kami - Ahhh guilds! I wish they weren't so dead nowadays. The nicest looking ones seem to be account improvment or roleplay, which both require me to be pretty active so whoops again Oh, silly! I hope JS kickstarts guilds in some way.
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:24 am

Yeah, it's a shame. Gaia had something /kind/ of like it, which I mingled in a little, but it wasn't the same :c And Subeta offers no support for their club system. Last I checked, it still had the outdated layout design from YEARS ago x'D I know I'm not the only one who felt strongly for them, they were a popular feature, one would hope JS works to remedy that Smile!
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:30 am

It seems like a pretty big resource investment overall, I think the only one that is mostly complete and not full of bugs would be Marapets, though even still it's a little limiting.

Since it's such a big thing , there's no immediate plans for clubs on Kasaria. But I will say that I have a potential spot cleared out just in case the Kasaria crowd wanted clubs as a feature. c:
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:42 am

I agree, it certainly has a lot of components to them. Would be neat if sites made more site-wide polls to quickly and easily gather the opinions of their userbase, not just on whether or not guilds/clubs should be a thing, but for other things as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's not for every site Smile! It was just a fun thing on its own ^^ Kasaria looks like it will have plenty of other features for our entertainment Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Oh my gosh, don't mention guilds, I'll cry Regret I was so invested in guilds. I ran one for four years with my friends, it was the best time I ever had in a game. I'm so sad they are so unpopular nowadays.

But yeah, as Kami said, clubs or guilds are nice, but not every site needs them, or needs them right away. It's also something that can be added later, if the demand arises. ;)

@pepper: I think I played for LD every year save one or two, but since I switched accounts so often I never got any interesting prizes for coming back. Whoops XD I hope the account I am on now will be the one to last, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:32 am

Guildsss. Maybe they just need to be repurposed a little to mix with the game more, who knows Oh, silly! That's on my "would be cool" list for some future year, again depending on if the majority of Kasaria wants it c:

Ah how has your Altador Cup going Epi! Moltara started getting a little bit of traction, but now we're back to the bottom of the bracket x'D Oh well. LD might still be able to have a chance at the top 3 though c:
Back to top Go down
Evergreen

Evergreen

Fan Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 1:16 pm

I had a time a while back where I signed up for any pet site that even remotely interested me haha. Now, I'm most active on Mycena Cave, and I still check Chicken Smoothie and Eldemore. Sylestia's another game I play but it's something I'll be uber-active on for a little while then completely drop it until I get the urge to play it again. I love their story-based explore system.

Guilds would be neat to see, though I've never personally been involved in many of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crittercosmos.com
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 11:14 am

Phew, the AC is finally over. I made it to All-Star for the very first time, but even with the lowered limits it still took a loooot of effort. 0_0

Overall it was a good cup though. I'm happy JS started freezing cheaters, unfortunately they also took some legit players but at least they tried. My team didn't do so well, but I had a great time on the boards. Maybe next year ;)
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 8:58 am

Oh wow! All Star! Really Happy
I made it to Rank 11 with what little time I had hehe. I'm sure I could have gone farther, but it felt really great to make it to that! I would have gotten to rank 12 at least with shootout showdown if the scores still counted yesterday P:

That last round was intense though! Moltara went from last to third and then back down again. We placed 17th overall but the few players who did show up to the boards were sweet c: I'll likely play for MT again.

TM was a tough opponent HEART
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Ah, rank 11 is nothing to sneeze at. Probably enough for some decent prizes too! I just missed out on the paint brush, you need double all star for that. I don't like the games *that* much yet Oh, silly!

On the one hand I'm glad it's over, but on the other hand I have been so conditioned to playing YYB every evening I'm not sure what to do with my time now! XD Sleep, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:15 pm

The prizes were pretty decent and affordable Smile! I had like 3k points, already spent them up heh~
So happy that there's finally a YYB sling, that'll look good for future customizations (and reselling!)

I'm sure you'll find something fun to do in that time HEART Maybe read a book or poke around on another site~
Back to top Go down
Quwilly

Quwilly

Fan Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:50 pm

I play on different sites with varying interaction.

Mycena Cave is one I play on depending on whether or not I like the monthly pet and if someone is roleplaying with me. Leayph is one I recently joined, but since I'm newer I can't do much in the way of jobs and such, which is what I'm most interested in. Sylestia is one that I play on in waves, depending on if an event is happening or forum games are happening that interest me.

Ultimately, I have a hard time connecting with a lot of pet sites? I feel like a get there and there's already so many people that it's hard to feel included in the community, which is one of the things I find most important in a pet site.
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 5:00 am

Quwilly, I know what you mean about connecting. Sometimes it's difficult to get 'in' with a site, and even though the features are great, I just stop playing.

The only sites I've truly connected with over the years were Neopets (I still play), Elyzeria (which I worked for years but it closed), and Kasaria. Although I play Lioden off and on, depending on how much time I have.
Back to top Go down
Quwilly

Quwilly

Fan Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 5:08 am

Epigraphs wrote:
Quwilly, I know what you mean about connecting. Sometimes it's difficult to get 'in' with a site, and even though the features are great, I just stop playing.

The only sites I've truly connected with over the years were Neopets (I still play), Elyzeria (which I worked for years but it closed), and Kasaria. Although I play Lioden off and on, depending on how much time I have.

Yeah, a lot of the time I think it has to do with community interaction for me. I'm a big fan of forums, I've staffed a couple in the Starbound game community. I even founded one, but it ended up going down due to some issues with the server and not getting along well with the co-founder, but that's a whole other story.

Despite being introverted, I find it easier and more comforting to socialize in a forum where you're more likely to find like minded people. I've found my best friend and long time boyfriend from one of these forums, as well as a few really close friends. I like feeling like I can get to know the people in the community, which can be hard in really large pet sites.
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 10:53 am

Forums can be hard to get into for me, especially if the community is already quite large, which was one of the draws of guilds to me. It was a tight-nit community, separate from the crowds, but also still on the site I want to be a part of Smile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?   What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Pet/Sim Sites Do You Play?
Page 1 of 1