Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Poisonous fruit?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Fan Points : 514

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 2:48 am

SO
I was planning on writing something up for the Book Ink, and had this great plot
But it involves a poisonous fruit.

I could probably go around it pretty easily, if needed but I decided to ask first.
Does Kasaria have any poisonous plants?
And on the topic of Kasarian dangers, are their wild creature often aggressive? What in Kasaria could kill a human?

You know, for writing purposes only
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Fan Points : 597

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:39 am

*is curious to know now too*
Back to top Go down
http://dexsterpiece.tumblr.com
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 12:17 pm

There certainly are poisonous plants! C: 
Many of these species appear in hard to reach locations, or continents that Gaea Corp has classified or needs more agents to research.

As far as well known fruits go, there's the palm (or paw) sized kuspa.
Most species and Kasarians have built up a sort of 'immunity' towards it. It can cause upset stomachs and at worst, call for a day or two of bedrest. In recent history, there hasn't been a case where someone ate more than one or two kuspa, so the effects of eating more are unknown. It is currently being studied to see how it would affect humans, but it doesn't look pleasant.
Poisonous fruit? Kuspa10

With dangerous creatures in mind, there are many that could cause serious injuries to humans. Currently, the wildlife is fairly hesitant to attack humans - most just cause a show to scare off potential threats. Companions are much better suited to fend off aggressive creatures!

However, humans are easy prey for some of the larger feral creatures in the deep pits of Misty Glen and the uncharted holds of remote islands. Standing next to a Charee and their human companion below is the Grunger, one of the more common and "easier to fend off" large creatures found.
Poisonous fruit? Size10
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 3:32 am

Oh wow! Thank you so much for that - it helps a lot. I love the fruit's shading. It's so pretty.
Also, from what I've heard, Grungers seem scary, but floofy - so I can't hate them Oh, silly!

I understand if some of your answers may be restricted due to Gaea Corp classifications, ect, but I hope you don't mind if I ask some more questions.
1. Is the lush forest (?) considered hard to access? Are there poisonous fruit there?
2. Is the Kuspa lethal to humans? Or just dangerous?
3. Off the record, are areas classified by Gaea hard to get into? Like, is it top security, or could a skilled individual able to break in?
4. What sort of environment is the Misty Glen? I'm not fully sure why (yet), but I find the location rather appealing. 
5. The selection process to people being moved to Gaea - is it open to public, or only skilled people/people deemed useful?
6. Does Gaea supply housing and ect to people? Say, you arrive in Kasaria with nothing - maybe spent all your money on the trip to Kasaria, or a sneaky Soyil snatches it - could you quite possibly be left homeless?
7. Are there many people in Kasaria who decided to 'live off the land'? Opting to live off natural supplies and resources than in a home, in Casacentral?

Thank you for your time and answers.
Some cookies for your efforts! A cookie for you!A cookie for you!A cookie for you!
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 11:37 am

Poisonous fruit? Tumblr_ok8rejCVOu1tmp8rdo3_r1_500
I GOT THIS

1. Is the lush forest (?) considered hard to access? Are there poisonous fruit there?
The Lush Forest is the 3rd continent you'll be able to unlock! It's not initially a difficult place, but because of its distance and danger of the depths of Misty Glen, it's something for seasoned travelers.

This continent boasts the most diverse range of plants including a number of dangerous ones. Therefore Gaea Corp has a large need for researchers, and the locals are known to get crafty with their materials. ;) There are also a few in the desert of Vita, as those species may be more inclined to hoard and protect water for their own growth. 

2. Is the Kuspa lethal to humans? Or just dangerous?
The first human to eat a single berry was under Gaea Corp's care for half a month as it caused an intense allergic reaction and digestive irritation. Left untreated, the effects could be far worse. 

3. Off the record, are areas classified by Gaea hard to get into? Like, is it top security, or could a skilled individual able to break in?
Most classified areas at the moment are ones before launch, but there are a few places that Gaea Corp has (or will have) closed off to the public.... And nothing is impossible to someone with talents ;) 

4. What sort of environment is the Misty Glen? I'm not fully sure why (yet), but I find the location rather appealing. 
It starts out like your typical forest! All bright and cheery and full of little critters and colorful flowers. But as you go deeper, the landscape changes to that of something less familiar... the foliage begins to block out even more light... and the paths available seem to be created more from wildlife than Kasarian travel. The inner regions of Misty Glen can get pretty dangerous as large and intelligent predators investigate you. To those who dare to see this place for themselves, there are plenty of rare treasures to find.

5. The selection process to people being moved to Gaea - is it open to public, or only skilled people/people deemed useful?
As long as you can pay a small fee, Gaea Corp is happy to send out anyone to Kasaria! It becomes a sort of selection in itself for interested and cooperative people since Kasaria isn't 100% set up yet, and transport will later be free. 

However, if you prove to be particularly helpful to Gaea Corp... they might employ you in some field research!

6. Does Gaea supply housing and ect to people? Say, you arrive in Kasaria with nothing - maybe spent all your money on the trip to Kasaria, or a sneaky Soyil snatches it - could you quite possibly be left homeless?
Yes, Gaea Corp supplies basic apartments to everyone with enough room for you and your companions!

7. Are there many people in Kasaria who decided to 'live off the land'? Opting to live off natural supplies and resources than in a home, in Casacentral?

Once the planet becomes more built up, there's nothing to say that it won't be possible to move out of the Central, but this is a long term goal ;) I will say that this would become a feature to those who have made it to the Lush Forest first so that they can gain a better understanding of how to craft their own objects instead of purely relying on stores.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 11:51 am

Ooh, thank you so much HEART HEART This information is uber interesting and helpful.

One last question, when we begin 'playing', per se, what is our role - or our characters role? Are we just normal people starting up life on Kasaria, or is there a deeper-set purpose, or goal?

Personally, I'm getting an evil vibe off Gaea and Mika, but I really like Mika. If he is evil, I will love him aggressively Oh, silly!
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

Fan Points : 288

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Dragonfluff wrote:
Ooh, thank you so much HEART HEART This information is uber interesting and helpful.

One last question, when we begin 'playing', per se, what is our role - or our characters role? Are we just normal people starting up life on Kasaria, or is there a deeper-set purpose, or goal?

Personally, I'm getting an evil vibe off Gaea and Mika, but I really like Mika. If he is evil, I will love him aggressively Oh, silly!

Oooooh, me too! It seems like Gaea corp is hiding quite a bit, and it seems like the people are reliant on them! Do I smell a possible plot twist? Ehhehehehe
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 9:08 pm

So much new and interesting information. *v*b
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 10:44 pm

@Blissy; Ah! I love plot twists! Especially evil ones Really Happy

@Disney; I know! Pepper is so helpful. God send.

Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Corporations might seem intimidating and exclusive, but it's just to keep some secrets away from you guys before launch (or stuff that has to be researched before it can be open to the public) HEART There's plenty of other storyline that's gonna go on~!

For your latest question:
Your trip to Kasaria is basically one big vacation! The first priority will be settling in, getting used to the environment, etc. Gaea Corp also hands out plenty of easy tasks to newbies with a helpful pay and resources. Once you have the basics figured out, you can head on to the next continent, learn some new features, and repeat! 

From then on, you have some wiggle room to stick to a profession that you enjoy most and trade amongst others (though nothing is ever set in stone, you can do one, a few, or all things if you have the desire and time.) Along the way there will be some community driven goals and of course I have a plot or two in mind~!

Maybe the Gaea Corp team would seem less stuffy if I could get one or two of them to come chat with you all? ;) Would you like that?
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 10:55 am

This is all really cool new information, thanks for sharing, Pep! <3
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 2:59 pm

I think it's also cause in a modern world, so much about cooperation is behind closed doors, and the bigger they are the more likely they're using loopholes or cheap labour or something of the likes to benefit themselves. There is a distrust of companies Oh, silly!

That sounds amazing i could use a vacation I really like the idea of that. It's simple, believable and flexible. It could very easily go anywhere. It sounds like a fun role to interact with.

Ooh, so there are professions. Are some harder than others?
I think I get what you mean by that. To clarify, a profession in Kasaria isn't a set title - it is more like a grouping of skills, tasks, items ect, but you're not confined to one. Things fall under categories of professions. But the YOU can work at as many or little as you want at a time - like, mix and match (mitch)
Community driven goals? How exciting! I can't wait until your plots are revealed! They're no doubt be awesome.

Yesyesyesyesyes. Not only would I love to meet new characters or Mika-bae, because they're character you and Choco have created, they're no doubt uber awesome. If it's not too much of your time being taken up, I think it'd be a brilliant opportunity! I'm v v excited to see some of the other NPCs that exist.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Also, a little off topic last question this time I swear
But, if I may, roughly how many people received Beta access?
I know not all of them may be there, but I won't lie, I'm surprised by all the monitary support Kasaria has managed to receive. I didn't really expect it, even though it's not my job to expect Oh, silly! I'm hoping the Beta goes well - not just in support, but feedback. I'm really excited for everyone Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Absolutely! I love when I get questions HEART Feel free to keep em coming!

How many at Beta?
Currently, I have 35 marked down with beta access Smile! 
I've been fortunate to have a lot of friends (like everyone here~!) support Kasaria as well, and have had the fundraising page up since our Indiegogo in 2014 (with the IGG funds included.) In comparison to other games this is small, but I'm super happy and appreciative of every dollar sent our way HEART HEART HEART
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 3:36 pm

And most the supporters (or at least those who I've met) are very kind and giving. You're definitely out on the left right foot. Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 4:45 pm

All supporters, yes <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Pepper-Head wrote:

Maybe the Gaea Corp team would seem less stuffy if I could get one or two of them to come chat with you all? ;) Would you like that?

*screech* YASSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 pm

34 other peeps to try out Kasaria with? That's awesome! I can't wait. ;7;

And YES, I would like that very much! c:
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 12:18 pm

As expressed above my last two posts, I love the idea!
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:00 am

Woohoo! I can't wait to meet everyone. Kasaria has a smaller community now, but it'll be nice to see it grow.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:24 am

Blissy wrote:
Woohoo! I can't wait to meet everyone. Kasaria has a smaller community now, but it'll be nice to see it grow.
Yes Aww! I most definitely agree here.
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:31 am

Have you started on your story Fluff? ^^
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:38 am

Blissy wrote:
Have you started on your story Fluff? ^^
Ah! O///O
Yeah, I have. I had a bit of trouble at first, so I rewrote it, and it's better. I really like the idea behind the main character I created. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:42 am

Oh my gosh, I give BIG credit to writers. It's not easy to write stories to me. I'm a science major, and things like creative writing and abstract thoughts are difficult for me to wrap around with.

I can't wait to read it Aww!
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 am

Yeah? That's really sweet and unfortunate. I love creative writing, but I'm not overly confident. I'm not awful, but it's really hard to measure talent in writing - at least for me. Cause you've got to consider plots, plot holes, characters & development, descriptives, literacy devices.
Like, they may have a really good plot, but it's written very simply. So how do they compare to someone who writes beautifully, but uses cliches and overused plots?
It's so hard Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poisonous fruit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poisonous fruit?   Poisonous fruit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Poisonous fruit?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kasaria's Fan Forum! :: Official Content :: Q&A-
Jump to: