Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show Off Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Fan Points : 133

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:25 am

You're a Star! This is a thread for everyone to post about any achievements or goals they have! No matter how big or small, feel free to "show off" to us something you're proud of, or excited for!

Show Off Thread Tumblr_n1dbnrmgE41tsm3m7o1_500

For example, a goal I have is to start working out for at least 30 mins a day, and to drink more water! An achievement for me is finally getting around to being more active in these lovely fan forums, and I'm excited to get to know some of Kasaria's fans!
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Fan Points : 382

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Woo, fun thread!

Show Off Thread Tumblr_inline_midqn1L6y21qz4rgp_zps0f5b7840

Best of luck to you with your goals and woot woot at joinin' in on the forums Really Happy

Goals:
-exercise every weekday >3<
-write every day xo

Achievements:
-successful weekend at comic con! Really Happy
-18 new subs on my youtube channel this weekend! :'o
Back to top Go down
http://wondering-souls.deviantart.com/
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:00 am

@kami
thank you!
your goals are very similar to mine! I also have been trying to write more.
And Comic Con sounds fun! I've never been. More subs is great as well!
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:23 am

You're welcoooome :3 I did pretty good this month with writing. It helped a lot to participate in Camp NaNo. I wrote 14k words, which is great for me Smile!
It was my first time there, I went to the Tampa one. It was HUUUUGE! It was a neat experience. I don't think I'll table at big cons for a while again, since they're so exhausting, but it was still worth the trip Smile!
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:10 pm

What is Camp NaNo? O:
i know i plan on trying to participate in nanowrimo (is that the same thing as Camp NaNo?), although I've never done it before. I'm excited to try it!
Oh, did you table at Comic Con?? That's might intense wow!
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:47 am

Camp NaNo is NaNo but in the summer. There is one in April and one in July. Instead of 50k words in the month, it's whatever goal you set it to. Best of luck with NaNo this year!
Yup yup! I did, it was crazy crowded, haha.
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Oh my gosh! I didn't know that existed, I guess I know what I'm doing next summer c: That's awesome. I guess I'll do NaNo and then Camp NaNo. Put that down for my goals and things I'm looking forward to!
I can imagine! It always looks like such a large event and crazy crowded space, but crazy fun too!
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:24 pm

I heard about it last year but only had time for it this year. I can't do 50k in a month, so it works out rather nicely for me Smile! Glad I could tell you about it, best of luck!
They gave us a ton of space between tables, so we could move around easily and scoot our chairs around without bumping into anything, which was fantastic. (So many cons try to shove the artist tables into teeny tiny spaces ;o; ) It was sooooo crowded tho when you walked around, but a lot of fun Smile! I also got to meet up with and purchase an art book from an artist I like, so that was great Really Happy
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Lol I doubt I'll actually be doing the whole 50k, but i hope I'll write more than i have been at least.

Yeah I get what you mean, I've had a table at a con before, and the space can be a little uncomfortable, but that's good they gave you enough room. That's really awesome that you got to do that though, that's awesome e v e
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:58 pm

I don't know how there are people that can manage it. It's definitely a nice motivator to write though Really Happy

Oh really? What con? How was that Smile! And thanks!
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Yeah, some people are crazy. I can't do it just because I'll have school as well, but it is a nice motivator!

Yeah, it was an Aniwave. It's a really small local con, only one day and such. It's fun, but I do kind of want to table at a bigger con one day.
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:14 pm

I can't imagine they can be all that good though, in terms of quality, if you're able to churn it out so quickly. Though that's what editing is for, I guess. It is nice in getting the general gist down Smile!

Nice! Small cons can be fun too Smile! I did a local one earlier this year, Alt*Con. I'm hoping to do it again next year. I'm getting kind of tired from all the big cons xD I'll probably only do small ones next year.
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:24 pm

Yeah, that's the idea of it! I think it would be a bit of a pain to write a whole book and then have to go back and edit the whole thing instead of in bits and pieces, but that's one way to do it I suppose!

Yeah, small cons are definitely fun and less stress, but then there's less to do! There wasn't really a lot I wanted to buy at the local con, but I can imagine the big ones probably tire you out quickly!
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:34 pm

I find editing more enjoyable, often, than writing new content. A lot of the big parts of the work is done, now it's just the tinkering phase xD

Less to do, sure, but at least I get more time to walk around. x'D I could barely leave my table at TBCC ;o; Metro was better since I could look at other tables. I get what you mean though. I think it's great to experience both. Smile! I hope you get the chance!
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 5:45 pm

I also really enjoy editing, a lot. It's much easier than getting it all together! Although I usually prefer to edit other people's writing, or edit my writing based off other's critique. I'm not too good at tearing my own work apart!

You're right, that's very true! When I went to cons I had Pepper with me so we took turns when we wanted to look around, so that was a luxury at least! I hope we have the chance to table at a bigger con one day, and maybe with Kasaria merch one day...!
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 5:49 pm

I agree with you there! Critiquing my own work is difficult. I typically have my partner and a friend go through it and then toss me their thoughts.

I don't know how people manage a table with only one person, it's too crazy xD That would be awesome though! Oh man, if ya'll ever do that, definitely announce it, I'd try to come ;o;
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Yeah, it's much easier to receive critique, and I like giving critique because I'm less biased. And I won't be lazy and not include some comments.

Man, I don't know either! It would stink to have to close your table to walk around and I'd also be worried about people stealing stuff if it was a large con.

But yeah, that would totally be awesome! We would definitely announce it first if we ever did for sure! c: Perhaps we can do something like that when Kasa opens to help promote it.
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Giving crits can be a fun challenge as well. Digging around in other people's works, searching for the words to describe what's wrong and could be fixed, etc.

Right?! I remember tabling near people who were by themselves. They would often ask me or another neighbor to watch their table when they have to go to the bathroom. (If they ask at all. I've seen some people either plain ditch or leave "BRB-esque" signs, haha.) Luckily I've only had one thing stolen from me--a button x'D

Oooooooh sweet! If ya'll need ideas of where to get what made, feel free to hit me up. I've used some great companies and such for my products ^^
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:24 pm

@Kami - Don't talk to me about making stuff yet xD I will make it all. But seriously, I'd love to know.
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Hehehe. Stressing out already? Oh, silly! I can send you a PM xD
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 8:30 am

Wups late response! Sorry u v u;

@kami
I really love critiquing actually. There's a lot of digging around involved, and then you don't really have to worry about fixing it x'D is that a lazy way of thinking? it sort of helps you to not hold back, and just literally tear the piece apart. And I honestly enjoy fixing up my work after someone else has critiqued it, because then i get an outside view I couldn't have ever seen on my own.

I feel like i mostly just repeated what I said in my last post, but it's been a while so whatever x'D

@Pepper
ehhe i can already see the nervous sweat on you at the mention of kasaria visiting cons!

We obviously don't have plans for it yet, but that would be a good way to promote in the future uvu
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:13 am

It would be awesome xD It's always been my dream to have Kasaria in the real world with merch and maybe a con or two. It's hard with different time zones but it never hurts to dream! Content
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:42 am

@Choco Haha, yeah, I agree with you xD No worries on the late response though Smile!

@Pepper I hope it goes well for you guys if/when you get the chance to do it! Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 am

Thank you Kami Aww!
It'll probably be after a few years, but I hope to get some kind of merch as soon as there's a big enough fanbase for it! I'll probably start small with buttons, keychains, stickers and the like.
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:04 am

@Pepper
Well I believe going to a con before making merch to sell would probably increase Kasa's popularity! There's a good goal for us. I mean honestly it would be a lot of fun too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Show Off Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Off Thread   Show Off Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Off Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next