Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Years Resolutions Busted?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

New Years Resolutions Busted? Empty
PostSubject: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 11:59 am

Since the first month is almost over, has everyone kept up with their resolutions or have some already flopped? Maybe you just need a little motivation to keep going, or you want to brag a little~

So far with my goals, I've done pretty good at college and kept up with Kasaria's development, but I didn't do much personal stuff or get out much (besides avoiding the cafeteria food haha). My schedule is starting to get to a tipping point where it's too much, so I might need to adjust some things so I have more free time to do so c: So, not off to a bad start, but I need to shape my habits to help me stay on track!
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

Fan Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Well, I failed all my resolutions so far because I've been down with a kidney infection all month Unimpressed We finally seem to have it under control but I feel like an 85-year old woman right now, I'm so weak, haha. I did work 4 hours today so I guess I'm proud of that!

I'm sorry to hear you're so busy Pepper. Finding a good schedule with enough rest can take some time. But you deserve some personal time too :3
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Aw man, that bites! :C That's good that you were recently able to start moving around and working, I hope the recovery is speedy from here on out and the rest of your year goes as smoothly as possible! At least it's only temporary c:

Thank you Epi! Time has been absolutely flying by, but I've been doing pretty well with all of my projects. Next week is midterms for me. I probably won't get to truly relax for a bit, but I'm thinking of treating myself to some silliness and going to see Kung Fu Panda 3 after midterms. Oh, silly!
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
kami

kami

Fan Points : 382

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 pm

I've been doing okay thus far. I haven't been doing as many BG studies as I'd have liked to, but I'm still drawing some. Just recently spent a little time practicing jeans, that was nice Smile! Been working on my novel. Haven't been working out as much, but it's not zero, so that's good. I got pretty sick for two weeks this month, so that screwed me up a ton. But other than that, pretty decent start! Haha.

@Pepper Glad things aren't too bad right now. I think it's fair to say that after the first month of figuring things out, they'll need to be an adjustment period. Good luck with it ^^

@Epi That's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that xc It's nice to hear that you're better now. I hope things keep improving for you ^^
Back to top Go down
http://wondering-souls.deviantart.com/
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

Fan Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 3:28 pm

So far, I've been keeping up with school and being more active than I was last year! I also have been doing lots of sketches and haven't run out of steam for personal projects yet c: It's slowed down a lot unfortunately due to school, but I haven't given up.

@Kami
Novel goals huh? I've also been trying to work on mine. It's so hard to keep up with D;

@Epi
Oh dang, that sucks! hopefully the rest of the year will be better right?

@Pepper
YOU CAN DO ITTTTTT
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 3:54 pm

@Choco Keeping up with school = woo, more active is good, and yay for sketches Really Happy Impressive that you've been doing well despite school. I remember never getting anything done when I was in school ;o; lol #failure

Yup yup! Novels x3 Trying to really nail at least one down, that'd be fantastic. It is hard to manage so many projects at once tho :c Good luck with yours!
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 11:48 am

@Kami
yeah it's the begininng of the semester, so for now I can keep up! But who knows...the end of the semester was HORRIBLE.

yeah sammmee i really want to work on my own novel, but it's so hard! Good luck with yours c:
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 3:18 pm

@Choco Enjoy it and take advantage while you can! x'D

Thanks x3 I'm still in the 'first draft' phase of writing it out. I'm hoping I'll get the draft done soon and start editing Really Happy What's yours about?
Back to top Go down
chocoshrooms
Admin
chocoshrooms

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:17 pm

@kami
I'm doing my best! Last week I was fairly sick for most of it so I didn't get a lot done unfortunately :c

Oooo trust me, I'm still in that stage too! Well. I'm very much so in the first draft/trying to get chapters out phase!
Currently mine is about a beach town with secret magic witches/warlocks x'D Basically the main character is going to get sucked into all of it. What they do is still kind of ???? to be decided. What about yours?
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 6:26 pm

@Choco Aww, oh no! I hope you're better now though :c

Haha, the indefinitely long first draft stage x'D
That sounds interesting Smile! If you ever need a beta, feel free to toss it my way Really Happy

I've got quite a few, but I'm mostly focusing on three atm:

One is a 'coming of age/romanc-ish' story. It follows two main characters and two side characters who all have to kind of rediscover themselves and what they mean for each other.

The second one is where this chick gets in the middle of a conspiracy at the company she works for and teams up with a vigilante superhero to figure it out.

The third is a post-apocalypse survival-ish story, and this girl wakes up in the future where a deadly virus threatens humanity and she's the only one immune. I have a lot of missing plot points with this one tho, haha. Mostly the beginning and the very very end is figured out.
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 am

@Kami: Wow, that sounds interesting. You dabble in various genres too, do you do that intentionally or do you just feel like writing whatever good story comes to mind, regardless of genre?
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks c: Haha, it's not on purpose, it's just whatever comes to mind xD It's funny when people ask me what genres I write or what genres a particular story is, and I have such a hard time answering those questions. I never think about genre, I only ever think about the story. So it's like, "Uh, action? Sometimes...maybe? Um. Romance? IDK LOL." Most of the time I end up just describing the plots and they figure it out for themselves, hahaaaa...

Last edited by kami on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Ah, I see.

I'm a little genre conscious, just because there are a few genres I really dislike, haha. Romance, for example. So it's odd to me when someone writes both a romance story, and a detective novel, for example, because they seem so different to me. But I'm not a writer so I probably approach that differently than writers do XD
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm rather impartial to genres. I only care if the story is good or entertaining. (So it can be /bad/, but in the "so bad that it's entertaining" sense, haha.) I'm sure I'm pretty different in how writers work, most I've heard of seem to stick to a small range of genres.
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:55 pm

That is also true. But hey, you gotta write what you enjoy Smile! It's good to be versatile, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 2:04 pm

It keeps things interesting for me, haha ;D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions Busted?   New Years Resolutions Busted? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Years Resolutions Busted?
Page 1 of 1