Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey all! :3

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brandi

Brandi

Fan Points : 193

Hey all! :3 Empty
PostSubject: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:18 am

Hello hello! :3

Came across Kasaria and totally fell in love, so sad to see it's not up yet Frown
Hopefully soon, yes? Is there an updated launch date since the recoding?

Anyways!
Nice to meet you all - my name is in fact Brandi.
I'm a mom/student/internet junkie who has been playing pet-site games for way, way, wayyyy too long.
And I probably won't stop any time soon. Really Happy

Slightly emoji obsessed, so sorry.. ;)

Hope to get to know you all soooon!
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

Fan Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 11:40 am

Hi Brandi, nice to meet you! I'm Steph (or Epi, whatever is easier).

I think we're all sad Kasaria isn't up yet XD But Pepper is really gracious in giving us all kinds of updates, so that tides us over, haha.

What are you studying?
Back to top Go down
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Nice to meet you too Steph!
I've been reading all the updates - definitely lost a large portion of my morning doing so LOL. I'm studying Human Services - was going to go into social work but I'm more of a public advocacy type of girl Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:12 am

Wow, Human Services sounds interesting. That must be a tough job though, working with people and emotions every day. I wish you much luck.

Petsites are a great way to de-stress though. What's you favorite thing about petsites?
Back to top Go down
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:27 am

I'm sure it will be stressful and I'm such an anxious person as is. I don't know how much I really want to work WITH clients, I'd rather do the behind the scene paperwork..but with the state of the country as it is, I figure I'll probably get stuck working with people anyway. LOL. Life. Oh, silly!

I've always been an economy kind of person on pet sites. I love item collecting and trading the most. I usually talk quite a bit so I suppose I have to say I enjoy the communities as well. Depending on the system, I like to battle and level up pets/accounts as well...I'm one of those people that have no problem spending RL money on the sites, but I'm not a fan of HAVING to. So, for the sites that require more money to be spent to do those things, I'm kinda all over the place. :3
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am

Hey Brandi, welcome to the fan forums! Emoji abuse is 100% A-OK. Yaaaay!

I wish Kasaria could be open too, of course! It's really been tough to not just release it as soon as it is technically playable, but I want to make a good first impression. Smile! I'm hoping to be able to cover that in this month's update next week. It will probably be a seasonal ballpark date though, just to make sure that I can meet any deadline set.

I'm glad you all like seeing the updates though HEART Any requests? I want to update more but I'm not sure exactly what you all want to see more of c:

I might comment more on your latest post in a bit, so I don't write a novel here. Welcome to Kasaria!  Content
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 12:44 pm

I understand! I'm a bit sad I missed the exploration event - I'm just so antsy to see the site. I loved the introduction video and now there's nothing else for me to do and it breaks my little heart. Oh, silly! I've read pretty much every update you posted anywhere >.< and I know you were hoping for a launch by the end of the year - so I just hope it's sooner than later for my own selfish reasons Aww!

So many questions - eeep. I'm an items/economy type of person so anything about that I'll be super pleased to read about Hey bby
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Hmmm Smile! Well, I was working on something that I put on the side. That gives me another idea for the monthly update!

Ahh yes economies HEART
Kasaria won't be hugely collection based like some sites, but there will be a few options for collectors! Any official collections will all have some sort of purpose. Bouncing off of your previous comment though, I think you'll like that you can literally level up your account. I'm guessing you already know of this though? I'm happy to expand if you have any questions. Smile! 

And you won't have to worry about pay-to-play. Mostly it will be aesthetic upgrades. Some upgrades are free (like companion slots), but are capped off and require cash shop purchases to continue. Luckily, the cash shop currency is tradable on site!
Back to top Go down
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 3:35 pm

I'm assuming most items have purpose in leveling your account/companions? Will there be user shops/trading/galleries or anything of that nature?

I'm totally okay with not being largely Econ based. It seems having a large economy is something that sites lacking storylines and other content have...if I can be entertained actually doing something like a plot or questing, I will do those.

Will the plot be ongoing? Are there daily quests? Random quests? Is there a questing system? LOL

I did know you could level up your account which is really cool, it reminds me of Final Fantasy or other RPGs - get to this level to unlock this area, and that's awesome.

I was going to ask if cash shop was tradeable. AWESOME. Awesome!

Last edited by Brandi on Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : iPhone fails at autocorrecting)
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

Fan Points : 382

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Welcome to the forums! Really Happy Always fun to find more Kasaria fans ^^
Back to top Go down
http://wondering-souls.deviantart.com/
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:21 am

Thank you Kami! (Is Kami okay? ^^)
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:02 pm

You're welcome Really Happy Kami is fine Smile!
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Quote :
I'm assuming most items have purpose in leveling your account/companions? Will there be user shops/trading/galleries or anything of that nature?

Yep! c: Many items will have purposes from creating food to clothing and more! The crafting feature isn't immediately available for players so they can get a feel for the site before jumping into all of that stuff. However, somewhere along the line in Kasaria's future after launch, items will have an even greater purpose! But I'm getting ahead of myself~

User shops are already complete (except for the more aesthetic and customization qualities but that can come later). I would like to include galleries, but it may be released after Kasaria's launch so that I can learn more about how the players prefer to collect and can tailor the gallery after that (same with Auctions) Smile!

Quote :
Will the plot be ongoing? Are there daily quests? Random quests? Is there a questing system? LOL 

This is a hard question to answer without spoiling Oh, silly!
The introductory plot will go on for quite a bit, and there are, of course, additions to that plot and more plots written down for the future! I think my biggest concern with progression is how many players Kasaria will have at the time. But I will keep things well documented for future explorers!

There will indeed be quests! c: 
Some are random, some can be initiated by talking to random bypassers in an area. There's always something new to experience with each land you travel to! I want to include different types of quests, but I won't say much about it right now until that part is in the works ;)
Back to top Go down
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Honestly, I'm too excited right now. oh shoot
This sounds so..so..much better than I could imagine.
eee. Can't wait! Thanks for answering so well Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Eeeks! Really Happy I'm glad you think so!!!
Back to top Go down
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 4:02 pm

The fact that the different locations have changes and/or different possibilities when you return pretty much excites me to no end. Really Happy
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 4:54 pm

All this info is great! I'm glad to hear that not everything will be available upon launch, sometimes it can be too overwhelming with /every/ feature being open and usable. It can get complicated, haha.
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Agreed, Kami Smile!  And the idea is that the pacing of new features you can unlock based on your user level will be fair for new explorers who join Kasaria years from now, as well!
Back to top Go down
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 3:30 am

It also stops me from losing weeks of my life at a time. XD
Plus it keeps it fresh..because I know I would do everything asap and then would have to wait around which can be sucky ^^
Back to top Go down
kami

kami

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:13 am

Brandi wrote:
It also stops me from losing weeks of my life at a time. XD
Plus it keeps it fresh..because I know I would do everything asap and then would have to wait around which can be sucky ^^

I've had that happen with SOOOO many of these sites x'D It's like, the first day it's exciting, but after five minutes, I'm bored.
Back to top Go down
Brandi

Brandi

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm usually a cash player too (if it's worth it) and then I blow through things and I'm like welp...waste of money go figure. Unimpressed
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 11:25 am

I feel you Brandi and Kami! Frown I'm very careful with sites even though I might enjoy them, I usually test to see if I can play it for a long time before buying anything in the cash shop. Even then, I'm just waiting for me to get bored of it lol. ((Or, that site doesn't seem to believe in the word "microtransactions"))
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Pepper-Head wrote:
I feel you Brandi and Kami! Frown I'm very careful with sites even though I might enjoy them, I usually test to see if I can play it for a long time before buying anything in the cash shop.

Oh, me too. I think I bought my very first NC only two years ago. And that was because I've been a player since I was 14 and I had faith in the site not going belly-up in a few months XD

I only invest if I have faith in the site's future and my future as a player there, really.
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Neopets, right Epi? 
I used to buy stuff (mostly Neohome) when it first came out, but pet customization can be so fickle and I don't really care for it (or, I haven't developed a character for my Neopet yet). Of course, anything I find that I like has been retired a long time ago and there's no getting it now Oh, silly!

I've bought a few upgrade packages on Marapets before, when the special birthday Decadal pet came out. But mostly I just use marapoints to trade for the cash shop packages now xD
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Yup, Neopets for me. I was finally swayed when they made Kanrik's Cloak an item. I love me some Kanrik. After that I got into trading a little, and I quite enjoy it.

But yeah, Neo and Mara both have the advantage that they've proven their longevity. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey all! :3   Hey all! :3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey all! :3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kasaria's Fan Forum! :: Fan Corner :: Introductions-
Jump to: