Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share a random fact!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Disney

Disney

Fan Points : 597

Share a random fact! Empty
PostSubject: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 am

Share a random fact you know that you don't think the person above you knows! If they do know it, then points to them, if they don't know it...well...you learned something new! Kudos!

It can be about anything. Just share whatever cool facts you have in your head!
Back to top Go down
http://dexsterpiece.tumblr.com
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 am

I'll start off with a fact that might not be common knowledge. Now, some people might be aware that rabbits are only pregnant for 30 days, but did you guys also know that a rabbit can carry two litters at once? And each litter can be from a different male! o:
Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 11:47 am

Oh wow, really!? That's really interesting - no wonder they are able to populate so quickly! :O

Hmm, so a random fact I just learned yesterday...

Illumination Entertainment (Despicable Me, Sing!, Secret Life of Pets, etc) is actually owned by Universal. Illumination has creative freedom, Universal does all the producing. The director of Illumination was originally from Fox Animation, and now also oversees Dreamworks, a recent aquisation by Universal.
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm a bit of an animation nerd, so I knew that tidbit, but I'm sure most people don't. xD The whole market for animation really comes down to two major companies because they own all the other smaller ones. P:

Hmm...uhm...how about a Pokemon fact? Under the right circumstances, Shuckle is the Pokemon that can deal the most damage in battle.

Quote :
"Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Huge Power or Pure Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal over 210,000,000 damage."
Back to top Go down
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

Fan Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:18 am

Friggin' Shuckle. XD I would like to try this out but I am super lazy.

Here's a gross fact (apologies) - Rats cannot throw up, or burp.

Back to top Go down
Pepper-Head
Admin
Pepper-Head

Fan Points : 661

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Who would have ever guessed shuckle??? x'D

Ahh I think I maybe heard that once! But it never processed that they couldn't barf. Makes sense of course, but it's just odd to think!

Here's a fun fact that you all may have seen already, but Cheerios is working to save the bees by giving you free wildflower seeds! I think it's a really cute thing to do to help raise awareness <3
Share a random fact! Downloadjpeg-5ed42606891f1874
Back to top Go down
http://kasaria.net/
Epigraphs

Epigraphs

Fan Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 7:34 am

Ah, that's nice! I would buy that if it was sold here Smile!

Yeah, I found out rats couldn't throw up when one of mine swallowed something it shouldn't have and then started regurgitating it 'rat-style'. I thought it was dying, but it was fine a few hours later. Pffff, scared the bejeezus out of me. oh shoot
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 2:01 am

They're not sold here...but I wish they were. I want to save the honeybees too. ;n;

Yeah, that's so strange. P:

*tries to think of another fact*

Oh! Because of advancements in technology, technically Elsa has more individual hairs on her head than Rapunzel. xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Fan Points : 514

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 6:42 am

Hahaha, there is not a Disney fact that I don't know; but I do love that fact. The effort and design put into Frozen was phenominal.

Not sure if you guys have heard of it, but Naruto airs its last episode on March 23rd. All of my friends are really torn up.
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 pm

I thought Naruto ended a while back, so that's news to me. xD

Uhm... *tries to think of something not Disney or Pokemon related*

Oh! So everyone here knows that there are 26 letters in the English alphabet, but did you know there are 44 in the Hungarian alphabet?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 12:11 am

Ooh. Really? There is 46 in the Japanese alphabet, in both Katakana and Hiragana. It's really stressful trying to remember them all - and then there is Kaji ontop of that. I have no clue how many Kanji there are.

Also! The way Japanese write their numbers is really strange (to me). Instead of 2 million (2,000,000) the write 二百万(2 hundred thousand; 200,0000)
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 9:22 pm

I think that sort of system is pretty common for most languages, at least from what I've found. Hungarian builds numbers in a sort of similar way.

Like, for example, take the number eighteen.

In Hungarian we say "tizennyolc" (tease-n-yolts). It's like saying tiz (ten) en (sort of like saying "és", which means and) nyolc (eight). So eighteen roughly translates to ten and eight. Makes sense in a more direct way. xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Oh, that's cool. 
Are you learning Hungarian? Do you enjoy it? Languages are so interesting, but complex D:

Hmm... fact, fact, fact...
21 of the world's 25 most toxic snakes are Australian Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 am

Hungarian's my native tongue. c;
I learned English second, around the age of 4 or 5.
I've taken courses in French, Spanish and Arabic, so I suppose you could say I enjoy learning languages.

Another snake fact! Snakes can be found everywhere in the world naturally except for two places: Antarctica and Ireland. Ireland has snakes in zoos, but snakes aren't a wild inhabitant of the country.
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

Fan Points : 288

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Random fact about me! I have fostered 6 dogs throughout my life, currently owning 3 and gave two up for adoption and 1 passed away recently.

Random fact about Dunkin Donuts (a popular donut/coffee franchise). They purposely use a blend of coffee with a citrus tone to it. They said the slight citrus bite of the coffee pairs well with their donuts
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Blissy wrote:
Random fact about me! I have fostered 6 dogs throughout my life, currently owning 3 and gave two up for adoption and 1 passed away recently.

Random fact about Dunkin Donuts (a popular donut/coffee franchise). They purposely use a blend of coffee with a citrus tone to it. They said the slight citrus bite of the coffee pairs well with their donuts

Good on you for adopting and fostering dogs! I find the rescues are the sweetest babies in the world. <3 All my own dogs have been rescues as well, and we've fostered more than a few animals ourselves (including ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits!).

Interesting! I'll follow this trend with another coffee franchise fact. I'm currently in the Great White North, so lets hit up Tim Hortons! Before selling donuts, Tims sold burgers. Could you imagine that now? It'd be so weird! xD And why not double up my facts with something about the term "double double"? The "double double" is a popular phrase in Canada, it refers to orders of coffee with two cream and two sugar, and is among the most commonly ordered at the franchise. In 2004 it was added to the COD (Canadian Oxford Dictionary).
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 9:40 pm

Disney wrote:
Blissy wrote:

Good on you for adopting and fostering dogs! I find the rescues are the sweetest babies in the world. <3 All my own dogs have been rescues as well, and we've fostered more than a few animals ourselves (including ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits!).

Interesting! I'll follow this trend with another coffee franchise fact. I'm currently in the Great White North, so lets hit up Tim Hortons!  Before selling donuts, Tims sold burgers. Could you imagine that now? It'd be so weird! xD And why not double up my facts with something about the term "double double"? The "double double" is a popular phrase in Canada, it refers to orders of coffee with two cream and two sugar, and is among the most commonly ordered at the franchise. In 2004 it was added to the COD (Canadian Oxford Dictionary).

Way to go Disney! We use the phrase, "Don't Shop. Adopt!" And that's an interesting fact about the double double! I will also add another fact about new words in the dictionary. With the rise of instant-online video access, the term "binge-watch" has been added to the dictionary in 2017. Also, the word "Seussian" and "Face-palm" has been added as well.
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 11:31 am

I couldn't agree more, Blissy! I think it's super important that people know that adoption is such a wonderful option, and that adopting an adult pet saves a life, so people should really consider it.

I didn't know that! That's so cool. O: Hmm, let me see if I can think of another fact...

Oh! I got one! So a lot of people know terms like anthropology, sociology, psychology, etc. But did you know that the suffix "-ology" literally means "the study of"?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Ah! My two cats were adopted! Greatest decision of my life, love them to pieces. They're great. Amazing. Love them.

I can't remember the specifics, but the swear words, among some other unique words, were officially added into an Australian dictionary. It was a pretty big joke for a while Really Happy

Ooh! I love Latin! I hope I can learn it someday. It's such a beautiful language.
Most people have heard the Latin phrase Carpe Diem (seize the day) but it also has some beautiful alternatives!
Carpe Noctem (seize the night), Carpe Omnia (seize it all), Carpe Jugulem (seize the throat), and, I can't remember it 100%, so sincerest apologies if I'm wrong, but I believe Carpe Libreum is siege the books
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 6:57 pm

So I definitely don't know latin phrases or anything in particular to latin. But as a random fact for today, the most popular youtube star, PewDiePie made $15 million USD last year!
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 7:39 pm

He's living the dream. :U

Hmm...another fact...uhm...

*ponders*

Oh! How about this...creatures that are not proven to be scientifically real (like big foot, mothman, etc.) are known as "cryptids". But this term is fairly new and was coined in 1983 by a man named John E. Wall.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 12:32 pm

I read his name as John Wall.E and I had to double take

Random fact: my cat is a godsend, and deserves all the treasures of the world

The company that made the anime Fairy Tail (which has now ended ;-;) has declared bankruptcy and cancelled all their current and future endeavours (hopefully they can get back on their feet, though)
It really sucks, cause I'm watching an anime by them that was one episode off the finish. No big finale. No final episode. Bleh ;-;

I usually have an abundance of random facts, but for this forum, I always run blank fall backs are anime and animals

A historical fact maybe? i feel as if the anime fact doesn't count Hitler and his wife were only theorised to have committed suicide by taking a cyanide pill - their bodies weren't actually found... I think
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:10 pm

I believe their bodies were found by Russian soldiers, but that resulted in the bodies being "lost" thereafter. There's also a conspiracy that the bodies found were body doubles and that the real Hitler and (possibly) Eva Braun escaped and fled the country.

Not sure if that counts, so I'll toss out something else interesting. Hrmm...

In Hungarian we don't say “When pigs fly!”, we say “When red snow falls!” (Majd ha piros hó esik!). I couldn't tell you why. It's just the saying. xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 pm

I just really quickly Wikipedia'd it, and it says that, as per Hitler's request, their bodies were burned. They managed to recover some skull fragments, and DNA tested it, and it was a woman, but they were too young to be Eva. Either way, he is dead now, hahahaha.

Really? I guess it still works though. I hope red snow never falls, that'd be scary

In Italy, they don't believe in Santa Claus, they believe in a witch who gives candy if you are good, and kidnaps you if you're bad
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Oh I'm sure he is, but I love hearing conspiracies, so it's always fun to speculate. xD

Santa Claus is very much a North American interpretation, so many cultures around the world have different variations on the "Christmas" mythos.

For example, in Hungary (because I can always use my own culture as an example), we have Saint Nicholas, and he comes December 6th and puts candies and gifts in your shoes if you leave them outside your door or window. My siblings and I always leave ours outside our bedroom doors because we live in the country and there's no way we could hide candy or gifts without animals getting into them. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! Empty

Back to top Go down

Share a random fact!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kasaria's Fan Forum! :: Outta This World :: Off Topic Chat-
Jump to: