Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share a random fact!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Blissy

Blissy

Fan Points : 288

Share a random fact! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 am

That's an interesting holiday tradition Disney!

Do you know why he puts them in shoes?
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Fan Points : 514

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:58 am

That is interesting!
I heard the other day, that apparently the United Kingdom call Santa 'Father Christmas'. That's so long for a wee babi! I'll stick to Santa!
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:08 am

Santa is way easier to say than "Father Christmas".

Random fact: Japanese people celebrate Christmas with a bucket of fried chicken!
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:12 am

Reason #283748773 why I need to move to Japan

Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 am

Yasssss...I loved Japan! Have you been? Everything there is so clean and orderly. *would love to visit the open ceremony for the olympics in 2020*
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 am

No, I've never had the opportunity to go, but I'm practically obsessed with them. Their culture, language, television, people, music everything im talentless at the language though
I plan to visit there someday. I don't know when, but I most definitely will.
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

Fan Points : 597

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:59 pm

@Blissy - Bit of a delay on responding, my bad! I don't believe I was ever told why it was shoes. I think it's just a very old tradition, and footwear was usually left outside, so they could be filled without entering the house. I always have to clean mine before setting them out. xD
Back to top Go down
http://dexsterpiece.tumblr.com
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 11:38 pm

Hahahaha, difference between Hungary and Australia
You leave your shoes out, you get candy
We leave our shoes out, we get spiders
Oh, silly! Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 11:51 am

Thought I'd share this with you guys:'D

Share a random fact! - Page 2 Keijo10
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:45 pm

lol!

Another random fact today is the term "Abracadabra" may have its origin in the Aramaic phrase meaning "I create as I speak."
Yup, totally looked that up online!
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Only on the 6th, Fluff, otherwise we just get mice. xD They like crawling in somewhere warm, and I suppose shoes offer decent shelter. But I've found mice, snakes and even a baby squirrel in my shoes before.

Mmhmm! I knew that one. Besides being a Disney and Pokemon nerd, I also have an affinity for the supernatural and magic~ So it's always fun looking random things like that up. xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 1:19 am

Blissy; Ooh, I didn't know that! That's actually really cool!

Didney; a baby squirrel! Oh my gosh that'd be so cuteee
I also love supernatural and magic - namely like, witch stuff. My mother is a Wicca, and I and interested in learning that stuff, but there is so much to learn about magic.
My main obscure knowledge base would have to be Greek Gods; I try to learn as much as I can about all ancient religions, cause they're all so interesting, but I've been learning about the Greeks since I was really young. I even have a Greek mythology encyclopedia that was given to be as a toddler. I got really mad though, cause all my current friends are like "my knowledge rivals urs cause I've read Percy Jackson and done basic research"
And I'm just like fite me

I'm really mad at this one book I found, cause it's a picture book "story of Demeter" and they refer to the Underworld as Hades, and Hades as Pluto (his Roman name)
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm an absolute nut for anything supernatural. xD I also have a strangely large amount of knowledge about Gods and cryptids. My favourite pantheon are the Ancient Egyptian Gods. <3
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Ohhh yes, the ancient Egyptian culture is very interesting to me too! I remember learning it in grade school, and being frightened of King Tutankhamun curse.

Random fact, they believe he became king at the age of 9!
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 2:21 pm

I think I first learned about it at a young age and became obsessed for YEARS. I had a good long stint of absolute adoration for the culture. I still have a ton of trinkets and books about Ancient Egypt. xD

Yep! Another Tut fact, he was actually quite deformed, suffering from a lot of physical abnormalities that made his appearance a bit unique.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 9:30 pm

I know more about Egyption mythology than I do it's history. i actually know nothing about their history - was never taught ;^;
for example, apparently, one of their pharaohs, Osiris, was killed by his brother and his limbs scattered. Osiris' wife, Isis I believe, was very upset and so found all the body parts and put him back together.
Now, I don't remember if he told her he was murdered by his brother or not, but let's just say she ended up pregnant with his kid who was then rightful heir and did something with the brother.
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 12:01 am

Yeesh, so much back stabbing in Egyptian history o___o
Some new interesting fact, the ancient Egyptian wore a ton of make up because they believed it gave them protection from the Gods (and the sun)
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 3:51 am

"Girl, your eyebrows are fleek today."
"Thanks, its protecting me from Anubis."
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 9:13 am

That's correct, Fluff! Osiris was killed by his jealous brother, Set, and it was his sister-wife Isis that found almost all his pieces and put him back together. I say almost, because a certain part was missing, of which Isis made a wooden replica. xD

Long story short, she ended up getting pregnant thanks to her ingenuity and gave birth to the sun.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am

Damn, what a kid to have.
Whew, I'm glad I got it mostly correct Really Happy I don't know a lot about Egyptian religion, but I know a fair few of the gods.
One of my favourite things is that Ra, a bird, is father to Anhur, a lion, and Bastet, a cat. Way to face your fears, hahaha
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 am

Dragonfluff wrote:
"Girl, your eyebrows are fleek today."
"Thanks, its protecting me from Anubis."

lmao xD

Random fact: Speaking of eyebrows, we all have eyebrow mites (bugs) that live in our eyebrows
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 10:44 am

Oh my god that was not something I wanted to know
Like... everyone?
Ewwwww whyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 10:47 am

Yep! They're in eyelashes too I believe. They eat the dead skin
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 10:53 am

That's really gross.
They must hate me for constantly covering my eyelashes in mascara
ahhh! I'm so paranoid now! Do you think they enjoy their lives? Are my eyebrows providing them well? Wait! What if I just hurt one by touching my eyebrow?! Ah! I felt something move! Was it them?! D::::::
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 10:59 am

I think the ones that live on me are happy because I have alot of skin...I must be some sort of buffet to them! ^^;;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share a random fact!   Share a random fact! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Share a random fact!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kasaria's Fan Forum! :: Outta This World :: Off Topic Chat-
Jump to: