Kasaria's Fan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kasaria's Fan Forum!

Join the community that has formed over the development of an exploration based virtual pet game! See exclusive sneak peaks, and even test some new features.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Disney

Disney

Fan Points : 597

What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: Empty
PostSubject: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 12:11 am

I'm an avid cartoon watcher (if my username here wasn't an indication), and I love talking about 'toons as much as watching them!

Some all ages shows I'd highly recommend include Gravity Falls (my all time favourite series!), Over the Garden Wall, Gargoyles, Danny Phantom and tons more if you're curious for something good! And can you tell I have an affinity for the paranormal? Hrmm.

More adult cartoons I'd recommend include Futurama, Bob's Burgers and Archer. Again, got more suggestions if you guys are interested.

But what about you guys? What sorts of cartoon series do you enjoy?

And for simplicity's sake, lets just keep this based around cartoons and not anime. We could make an entirely different forum for that. c;
Back to top Go down
http://dexsterpiece.tumblr.com
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

Fan Points : 514

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 am

Throwback to the time i used to watch anime on Cartoon Network, with no idea what it was.

I haven't watched cartoon for so long! I used to love them, but I don't get the opportunity to watch them anymore.
I loved the Total Drama series, but I stopped watching after World Tour.
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Dragonfluff wrote:
Throwback to the time i used to watch anime on Cartoon Network, with no idea what it was.

I haven't watched cartoon for so long! I used to love them, but I don't get the opportunity to watch them anymore.
I loved the Total Drama series, but I stopped watching after World Tour.

I remember Total Drama Island fairly well, but anything after that's a bit of a blur. Teletoon was a great channel to watch on, but it always played those shows in the early evening, and I'd usually be out, eating dinner or doing homework so I'd miss them. xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Yeah? I mostly remember Total Drama World Tour, though I would love to rewatch it. I really enjoyed the series - it was humorous.
Teletoon? Never heard of it, to be honest. Growing up, only cartoon channels I remember were Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and ABC. I never really watch ABC or Nickelodeon, though, as I wasn't a fan of many of their shows.
Cartoon Network, however - Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Total Drama, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ben 10 (one of my favourites!), Teen Titans (!!!), Chowder...
Man, I could go on all day listing shows. They were the greatest. I would love love love to have the time to watch newer cartoons, or just even rewatch past ones. But, you know... time.
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:41 am

I grew up with Teletoon, YTV and Family Channel for the majority of my cartoons. ABC only played things rarely where I live, so I only ever saw snippets of cartoons on there. ;u;

From that list I'd definitely say The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Teen Titans are among my favourites. All of them were so unique and fun to watch. c:
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 3:45 am

To be honest, I still know most the lyrics to the Ben 10 theme song.

I loved Teen Titans, but I was so hurt during the movie (?) when they went to Japan, and the Robin x Starfire rejection thing happened Teardrops... 
They were my first OTP, I swear, and I can't remember any specifics about Teen Titans except that one scene.

ANd in Billie and Mandy, after all those years, this one scene stuck with me
I don't know why, but *ahem*
Billlie's Mum: Mandy, can you pass the [something]
Mandy: Go suck a lemon
Billie's Mum: Young lady! That is not how we speak in this house! We use manners!
Mandy: Go suck a lemon please
Billie's Mum: Much bett- wait a second your not my child.
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

Fan Points : 288

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 9:11 pm

I am also a cartoon network fan. I literally just finished Sailor Moon Crystal, which reminded me of my youth when I watched the original Sailor Moon in the 90's.

Right now I am binge watching Steven Universe. I'm almost done with season 1, and I think it's a hilarious show XD
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 9:24 pm

I watched a bit of SMC, but the animation was really wonky in the first season and it was hard for me to get immersed. I've heard the second season onward has improved quite a bit, so would you recommend I power through? xD

I like Steven Universe too, but it took several tries to get past that really rough first half of season one. You could tell the show needed to find it's footing. xD But I agree, I'm all caught up and watch each new episode the day it airs, and it's a fantastic series! Just had a bit of a...rocky start.
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 9:33 pm

I know what you mean Disney. The characters look ridiculously skinny and out of proportion, but I enjoyed it quite a bit! I would recommend to power through it, they have some slight changes to the original!

Also for Steven Universe, I'm currently on episode 9, I think every episode has been random. There's a bit here and there about the gem universe. However, the show keeps me entertained enough to keep going.

I also heard The Amazing World of Gumball is good too! I don't know if you seen that either
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 11:33 am

Then I definitely will! I loved the original when I watched it as a kid, even named my first cat Luna in honour of the show (and my favourite character).

That's good! It definitely picks up in quality as it goes on, and starts to have a flowing narrative which really helps the show a lot.

I have, and it's good, but again more on the random side of things. Akin to Adventure Time. So if you're for that sort of humour, I'm sure you'll like it. c:
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 11:58 am

Agh! Sailor Moon! I've never actually gotten around to watching any Sailor Moon - but I really want to >_< The older art style looks so beautiful and glittery~ I imagine the newer version is (hopefully) just as beautiful, just digitally refined.

Oh! I used to The Amazing World of Gumball a lot. I heard it ended, though? I would compare it to Adventure Time but... I dunno, Adventure Time captured a sense of curiousity and... well, adventure; and I personally found the main characters carried good morals, and most episodes had some sort of lesson. Whereas Gumball, not so much - it's like a similar concept but a hyper family situation, and less to think about. Also, a lot of high-pitched screaming.
Somehow, I liked it, though.
In the end, I guess, your tastes are different to mine Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 2:04 pm

I still prefer the old art style for SM over the new, but if you like glittery then it's definitely the series for you. xD

I think Gumball has ended or is ending, and I've heard rumors that Adventure Time is ending too. And I think they're quite different, certainly, especially stylistically. But all of those CN shows are trying hard at that random style of comedy, which is hit or miss depending on the person. xD I'm fairly indifferent to both shows, but I'll always try something before I judge it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Hehehe, thank you for the recommendation. I'm really picky about the art style though, usually. To be honest, most times I can't stand older anime. I'm not sure why, it usually isn't as smooth or colour-pop-y I think. But Sailor Moon looks... graceful? It seems rather feminine (no offence SM) which appeals to me. I'm a wannabe princess Really Happy

I do agree there. Whenever I imagine Cartoon Network's modern audience, I have a specific grouping of children in mind. Like, hyper 7 year olds who's parents let them drink energy drinks and are super hypo, all the time.
Which is sadly most kids nowadays - well, maybe some don't drink the energy drink to be crazy hyper.
I rather liked adventure time, I thought it was very cute. I'm a very easy person to entertain, though. I don't believe I've ever truely disliked a movie of tv show.
Gumball, I don't love, nor hate. I think it was amusing to me for the sibling interaction - like, that was probably my brother and I a decade or so ago
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 pm

I actually tried to get into Adventure Time, but I just couldn't some how?? But I heard plenty of song covers from that show on Youtube! Hey bby Aww..so sad to see Gumball go. I'll probably stream the episodes whenever they are available xD

As a kid, I was in love with Spongebob and Fairly OddParents, I thought Cosmo was so funny! Has anyone seen that show?
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 7:41 pm

I've seen Fairly Odd Parents. It was definitely one of my favourite shows as a kid. I love Cosmo, but then there's also Anti-Cosmo, and he was amazing too. <3 Although, if we're talking Butch Hartman shows, I'm going to have to say Danny Phantom is my favourite. xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 pm

odd parents, fairly odd parents
I never actually watched the show, but I know so much about it thanks to the internet, it feels like I have, haha
Back to top Go down
Disney

Disney

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Aha, that happens for me for a lot of shows. But FOP is really great, but the earlier seasons more than the newer. But I suppose that's the case for most shows. xD
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:15 am

Lately, they have so many reboots of old shows, I'm wonder what the next big movie/show will be!

I know this is anime-related and not really cartoon-related...but I recently got lost in the DBZ wiki pages. Has anyone ever done that? I tend to dive into the wiki-ocean of information for movies and TV shows xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 am

Oh man, I hate Wikipedia for shows. I never go much past the little character detail box, otherwise I always find spoilers; and I hate spoilers
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:30 am

Ahhhh, I don't mind the spoilers too much! I know I won't sit through and watch 100+ episodes, I sort of like the abridged version (unless the story is REALLY good--then I won't spoil it).

I pretty much wiki'd the Walking Dead from seasons 4-6. Felt a bit slow for me D:
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:44 am

Everyone has different tastes.
Same with the abridged version! I joined my brother in with watching Dragon Ball Z, but missed a huge heap, so I watched the abridged and basically was up-to-date
And it's really funny, hahaha

probably because the zombies can't get anywhere fast yeah, I did look up spoilers for twd, but then I found at a character I liked died a sad death, so I stopped...
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 am

Yes...my favorite character died too T__T This was my reaction after I saw the episode when he died...

What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: Tumblr_nbtq958nSY1s4yh14o1_500

But speaking of shows...I recently saw Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends on CN. It was a great throw back, I loved the idea for this show. It's about imaginary friends and how their creators left them in a foster home until they could be adopted by another kid. I thought the show was hilarious xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:17 am

YESSSSS
I LOVED THAT SHOW
CHEESE WAS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL why the heck was Mac & Cheese not a thing tho
and Blue was just... beautiful. I swear I'm more like him than anyone gives credit Really Happy
Back to top Go down
Blissy

Blissy

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:42 am

YESSSSS...CHEESE! I LOVED HIM! And o gawd...Blue, where do I even begin? He is just..<3
Back to top Go down
Dragonfluff

Dragonfluff

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:52 am

And the teenage girl... I forgot her name. Phyllis?
I still remember a few random episodes.
Like one where the girl got a date, and so Blue and Mac teamed up with a bunch of dudes that had gotten a crush of her, only to be threatened by the boyfriend. The girl was then like "those are my friends!" and punched the guy in the nose. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:   What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o: Empty

Back to top Go down

What cartoons do you watch/would recommend? o:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next